Mrs. Nguyen Thi Phong Lan is currently a lawyer at PLF and works at the office in Ho Chi Minh City. After joining PLF in 2013, she has been in charge of investment, mergers and acquisitions, finance, corporate restructuring and other activities of enterprises, intellectual property, corporate, contracts and compliance. During her time at PLF, she has been in charge of implementing and supervised PLF’s legal services to foreign clients from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, India, Australia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, China and Cyprus.
Mrs. Lan has extensive knowledge and practical experience in the field of investment from Foreign individuals and entities into Vietnam not only through new investment projects but also through mergers and acquisitions the projects under operating. She also has expertise in all aspects of intellectual property, especially patent, trademark, industrial design and copyright issues in Vietnam and around the world. Having been in charge of businesses for many years and worked with many foreign investors, Mrs. Lan understands the core issue of businesses in investment, business, operation and cooperation. She has a great record in providing solutions to operations on investment and businesses to satisfy PLF’s clients. Besides, with quick access skills, astute problem analysis and use of business thinking, Mrs. Lan always receives customer satisfaction by offering practical solutions.
- Advised, represented and carried out M&A deals, asset purchase and offshore investment for clients who were companies invested from Japan, Singapore providing services of software service, Fintech worth more than US $ 40 million.
- Advised a Singaporean company in the field of Fintech through Seed Round, Series A, Series B, Series C and Series D funding rounds.
- Advised a 100% Japanese-owned corporation on its initial public offering (IPO) and prepared the Corporation for listing on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in Japan.
- Advised and provided solutions to a technology corporation in Hong Kong on the implementation of a new project in Vietnam in the field of manufacturing technology equipment worth more than US $ 20 million.
- Advised, structured and provided solutions for a multi-industry investment fund in the manufacturing sector in Vietnam with a project value of over US $ 2 million.
- Advised, represented and negotiated with more than 300 information technology engineers to terminate their contract with a company which is 100% owned by the United States.
- Advised on tax and investment for a world leading equipment manufacturing company for heavy industrial equipment in Germany.
- Provided solutions to a company which has contributed capital from Japan, US, Singapore, and Australia operating in the field of information technology and food production to solve the problem of avoiding double taxation on numerous employees working in Japan, USA, Singapore and Australia.
- Participated in resolving the case of recognizing the judgment of London arbitration in Vietnam among logistics companies in Vietnam which involved a claim of more than US $ 500,000.
- Served as a consultant for contracts, labor and investment from 2013 to present for a system of more than 10 subsidiaries in Vietnam of a Japanese corporation operating in software, digital industries and Marketing.
- Assumed the position of principal consultant for a world leader in field testing, testing and certification in 37 countries around the world.
- Assumed the position of principal consultant and implemented the establishment of intellectual property rights in Vietnam and countries around the world for more than 500 applications for trademarks, patents and industrial designs from 2013 to present.
- The Mentor of Schoolab Vietnam – Schoolab Global Innovation Organization (France)
- Expert of South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk – European Business Association in Vietnam (EuroCham)
- WIPO Academy – World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Inter Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- The Law Association for Asia and the Pacific (LAWASIA)
- Vietnam Bar Federation
- Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
- LLB International Law, Ho Chi Minh City University of Law (2013)
- LLM Civil Law and Civil Proceedings, University of Economics and Law – Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City