2000 – 2005: Mr. Thanh Bui (James) joined a Law Firm in Ho Chi Minh City as an assistant to the Head of the Office and participated in consulting and litigation at many courts with many levels in Vietnam related to labor and tax.
2005 – 2007: He worked for a company specializing in providing investment solutions and buying and selling businesses in Vietnam, where he was able to participate in many investment capital transactions, implement investment projects for foreign investors in the fields of information technology, retail, manufacturing, resort, food and beverage, etc.
2007: He joined a prestigious law firm in Ho Chi Minh City as an Executive Lawyer, being in charge of tax, labor, intellectual property, real estate, trading and investment, serving mainly foreign traders in Vietnam. By working there, he had many opportunities to develop his strengths through M&A deals by offering many practical and effective solutions to help many foreign investors from many different countries smoothly deploy their investment projects in Vietnam.
2009: He founded PLF Law Firm with the desire to become a bridge connecting foreign businesses with the complex legal systems, diverse business practices and interfere with the rich culture in Vietnam. From the early days of its establishment, he has devoted his wholeheartedness and enthusiasm to supporting the foreign investors who first came to Vietnam, helping them to understand and quickly integrate into the “business culture” and the law of Vietnam. With much appreciation for the practical solutions of Mr. James and his team, the merchants have quickly overcome the initial barriers, step-by-step building and helping their businesses develop sustainably in Vietnam.
For more than 15 years in the role of Managing Partner, Mr. James together with his team at PLF have been consistently providing services to their clients with 5 core values: Integrity – Attitude – Responsibility – Commitment – Conscience.
At the same time, he also regularly participates in social work and law dissemination activities for organizations in areas in Ho Chi Minh City.
Mr. James has always received high trust and appreciation in many foreign investment consulting activities in Vietnam and M&A deals related to enterprises operating in the fields of technology, retail, manufacturing, resort, F&B, etc. Over 20 years of operation, he has helped many investors coming from many parts of the world, such as Southeast Asia, Japan, Korea, the United States, Germany, France, Great Britain, Australia… implemented many successful investment projects in Vietnam.
- Consulted and represented for Pacific Silver Hong Kong in the negotiation of buying a wool factory in Tien Giang for 3.4 million USD.
- Consulted and supported Evolable Asia (Vietnam), a member of Evolable Asia Group, Japan, to carry out M&A deals in Vietnam and overseas investments worth nearly 12 million USD.
- Consulted and supported Global CyberSoft (Vietnam) to carry out activities after the M&A deal with Hitachi Consulting.
Consulted and supported UL (Vietnam), the world’s leading accrediting group, to make an investment of 9 million USD in Vietnam.
- Consulted and supported Schade, Germany’s leading heavy industry group, to carry out a transaction worth EUR 28 million with Formosa (Vietnam)
- Consulted Khai Hoan, a leading manufacturer of medical gloves in Vietnam, to make a transaction to export goods to foreign countries with a total value of 40 million USD.
- Consulted and supported Glints Vietnam, a Singaporean company specializing in providing human resource solutions in the Vietnam market, to make a deal worth 50 million USD.
- Vietnam Business Lawyers Club (VBLC)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
- Vietnam Bar Federation
- College of Commerce, Major in Commercial Accounting (1992)
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, Major in International Law (1999)
- Ho Chi Minh City Open University, Major in English (2007)