In Vietnam, companies are required to use seals to legalize many types of papers and documents. Specifically, the seal is used to ensure the validity and the binding force of the documents, as well as to indicate the company’s official approval of the document’s contents. A document signed by the General Director of the company but without an accompanying seal is not yet legally valid.
This article is intended to recommend companies to take the necessary precautions to protect and use their seals properly.
Understanding the regulations on seals will help companies
- Comply with the law: Currently, Vietnamese law requires the seal for certain transactions and agreements, including deeds, bank documents, contracts and stock certificates.
- Increase authenticity and reliability: The company’s seal together with the signature of an authorized person shall be understood as the confirmation of the legal value of the text.
- Prevent fraud: The seal is an important tool to help companies fight against fraudsters forging documents to perform illegal acts. Companies can prevent fraud by ensuring that only authorized individuals can sign and have their signature stamped on legal documents.
As a result, the company should take the necessary steps to protect the seal by restricting access to the seal for authorized individuals only. At the same time, the company should establish clear procedures for the use of the seal to ensure that it is used properly and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Advantages of using our Seal Keeping service
- Designating authorized personnel: Only authorized employees have access to and are allowed to use the company’s seal. This allows the company to limit disputes that hinder business operations as well as violations that may lead to legal and criminal prosecution.
- Storing the seal securely: The company seal will be stored in a safety box, to prevent theft, loss, or unauthorized access. Access to the storage area is restricted to authorized personnel only.
- Recording the uses of the seal: Our team will maintain a record of all uses of the seal, including the date, time, and kind of use. This record shall be updated in our data system and clients can access it 24/7.
- Advising on the stamping process: Our service can be customized to suit the company’s workflow. The person authorized to use the seal should ensure that the document is in the requested order and that all required signatures are present before stamping.
- Increase opportunity cost: Proper storage of the seal will help the company take advantage of opportunity costs for other activities. In fact, when the seal is lost, the company has to spend significant time and resources to notify the police office of the lost seal and engrave a new seal.
Our service is designed to help businesses keep their seal safe and secure, reducing the risk of loss or misuse.
Our experienced team will work with you to understand your business’s operation and develop a customized seal retention solution that meets your business needs.